The Web Programmer (WP) is responsible for ensuring effective operations and maintenance of SCI's website properties (both public and internal facing) and its integration with the organization's membership database. The WP will also help develop and otherwise facilitate programming connections, integrations and interactions with various 3rd party and custom applications. Additionally, the incumbent will help ensure that SCI staff maximize the capabilities of the website content management system (CMS) by providing programming enhancements and training to ensure department-level workflow efficiencies are established and well maintained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in "other related duties as assigned".
- Be involved in the planning/architecting of new development projects
- Develop, troubleshoot and generally put in working order technical architecture including computer code, scripting and user interface design for SCI websites
- Serve as primary subject matter expert, administrator and programming developer of SCI's CMS platform, Sitefinity
- Database query development - gather end-user requirements to identify needs for advanced queries
- Research and analyze issues surrounding the business needs and processes of the organization; make recommendations to improve processes and enhancements to the CMS to better serve those needs
- Ensure SCI staff's optimal use of the features available in the CMS
- Collaborate with staff to understand their data and reporting needs and help facilitate solutions to support those needs
- Perform application testing, including testing of integrations between the membership database (iMIS) and 3rd party or SCI custom developed products
- Maintain advanced knowledge of the CMS modules, features and functionality
- Perform other duties as assigned
NOTE The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties, skills, and efforts. Position descriptions are not intended to form contractual relationships between the employee and the organization but are intended to be a reflection of the primary elements of a specific job.
Must demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, hunting as an essential part of biologically sound and ethically responsible international wildlife management.
DIRECTLY REPORTING - None INDIRECTLY REPORTING - None
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY
This position is required to identify and provide creative solutions to complex technical issues. Incumbents are called upon to align solutions to operational needs and strategies. The work environment is fast-paced. The position interacts with employees at all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate would have experience developing workarounds for key requirements not met by a solution. Experience documenting process flows and business requirements and experience with formal requirements gathering and business analytics.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
Performs duties in a typical office environment. Movements may include stooping, kneeling, or crouching. May occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or experience;
Must be proficient in application development techniques using C# w/.NET framework and ASP.NET (forms based) technologies;
Proven experience in and understanding of SQL query-writing;
Skilled in isolating and resolving complex data problems;
Must possess knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and how they might be leveraged to help optimize and otherwise support business task efficiencies and workflow;
Must be able to understand customer needs and demonstrate a high level of customer service
Experience with an Association Management System (iMIS strongly preferred)
Proficiency in ColdFusion, Bootstrap and associated development solutions/techniques
Proficiency in MS SQL database design and development techniques
Proficiency in writing/optimizing SQL queries, including SQL scripts and stored procedures
Proficiency in Microsoft MVC development platform
Previous association or non-profit experience
Safari Club International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Please send a resume and a one page letter of interest to Human Resources at email@example.com